- Read Deuteronomy 5:18. The Ten Commandments are ultimately about maximum human freedom. What freedom results from following this commandment?
- Read Matthew 5:27-30. How was Jesus’ teaching regarding the 7th commandment different from the viewpoint of the Pharisees?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:18-20. How is sexual sin different from other sins? How is it the same?
- What would you include in a biblical view of marital sexuality? Consider the following verses in answering the question: Song of Solomon 5:10-16, 7:1-5; Proverbs 5:18-19; 1 Corinthians 7:5.
- Some fringe groups have taken Matthew 5:29-30 literally and have mutilated their bodies. How do you think Jesus wants us to apply his teaching?
- Read Psalm 130. Whatever your sexual past, or the patterns of your hearts and minds, there is grace and hope in God’s forgiveness. How does this psalm describe God’s forgiveness? How will you anticipate God’s work in your life this week?
Login/Register to leave comment