- Looking back to elementary school, who was your #1 enemy? Describe an encounter with this person.
- Read Matthew 5:43-48 and Luke 6:27-36. How did the Pharisees justify hatred for their enemies? What are the ways people today try to justify their hatred?
- Read Romans 5:8-10. How does God the Father reveal love for His enemies? How do we balance this emphasis on loving our enemies without becoming doormats?
- Jesus teaches us to love our enemies with our words, actions and prayers. Which of these three is the most difficult for you? Why?
- Describe a positive role model who demonstrated love for his/her enemies.
- Read Luke 23:32-34 and Acts 7:54-60. How did Jesus and Stephen express forgiveness and love for their enemies?
Login/Register to leave comment